Re: Brisbane photographic locations

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:50:49 +1000, Chris Stratton wrote:

:>I will be visiting the Gold Coast next month and plan to catch the train to
:>Brisbane for some train watching and photography. Where would be some good
:>locations, preferably on the south side, to see some action. It will be on a
:>Monday.

Hi Chris,

It depends on whether you want passenger or frieght movements.  I also
presume you are limited pretty much to rail transport only.

You probably won't see any freight movements until the dual gauge branch to
Acacia Ridge etc comes in just before Salisbury Station.  Moorooka Station is
placed at the side of the Clapham rail yards.  Yeerongpilly Station lies just
north of a popular triangle junction.  Dutton Park Station lies at the
southern end of the dual gauge flyover towards Fisherman Islands.  Park Road
Station offers an alternate view of that junction.

Further north you could try around Roma Street and Bowen Hills.  If you want
more details please ask.

Freight wise (empirically speaking), coal trains run through Redbank, on the
Western lines to Corinda, then branch to Yeerongpilly, then via the Dual
Gauge to Buranda and Fisherman Islands.  Container trains usually run from
Acacia Ridge 'down' through the dual guage to Moorooka, branch 'up' to
Sherwood then continue 'down' to Milton, then branch 'behind' Roma Street to
Normanby/Mayne, then continue through Albion on the North Coast Line.

Passenger wise, just visit our 'Timetable Vending Machine' at:

http://qroti.bit.net.au/citytrain/tvm/

Brendan
Brendan Morley, QROTI TVM Engineer (http://qroti.bit.net.au/citytrain/tvm/)
To reply by email, replace the "_dot_"s with "."s and the "_at_" with "@".