Re: Hillside trains buyers

I should have been a little more specific in my last post. I talked at length
with one of WC's big wigs about their Australian plans and he said to me that
WC isn't really interested in metro/commuter operations particularly if they
could not own the tracks. What WC is very interested in is freight systems that
offer a lot of potential for growth.

The message I got was that WC are not interested in anything that would require
perpetual subsidising by governments with the attendent meddling by the
subsidiser.

Mind you, the guy I talked to was not Burkhardt but No 3 or 4 on the totem
pole!

BTW, does TranzRail own the tracks in NZ?

Mark.

I can be abused and called names at: markbau@aol.com

If the abuse is particularly profound I'll give you my real email address.