Re: LEAK

"Tezza" <tezza@atinet.com.au> wrote:
>Hope that wasn't the same shovel he was gonna cook his dinner on.

Jeez I don't think so!, a friend of mine who was a
young fireman with the SAR in the fifties and worked
the Riverland district in South Australia on an Rx
4-6-0 told me this one.

The same fella in the sixties taught me how to handle a
Road Train in the NT, we used to run "two up" back
then, ie; two drivers with a sleeper cab, twin
steer/bogie drive Foden body truck hauling three
trailers, no semi's posing as road trains in those
days.  If he was resting in the bunk and needed a leak
he would open the pass side door and with a little bit
of balancing would let it rip.
Late one afternoon we were heading South to Alice
Springs on the old winding wartime road through the
Devils Marbles and rounded a corner where two camping
tourist coaches had pulled up for the night, they all
turned round as the old rig came into view roaring
around a rocky outcrop and there was Brian calm as you
like "hanging it out", he even managed to wave back to
them.

Cheers

----Tell
Alice Springs NT