Re: My how we all enjoy a good fight

>  The net is a greatest way we have ever had to share info or research
>with others help. Never before have we been able to learn so much.
>  I think we should all work together (even Mr Mark Bau1) and leave the
>bickering to those others who stand on platforms and dont have much else
>to do between train than start rumours.
2 reasons come to mind from above why railfans seem to be 'better' than
railway management:
1. They don't appear to be very technologically minded. How else can you get
such a large number of stand alone systems in such large organisations when
even the smallest businesses know that networking computers gives them more
power and flexibility in their business. And given many government schools
on different sites have set up WANs despite their very limited funding
compared to railways. And then the railways tell us how much more modern
they are as a result of cascading the line managers old 286 to one of the
stationmasters when he gets a Pentium to do his word processing.
2. They seem to be engaged in a game of one-upmanship with each other -
instead of co-operating with each other to fight the real enemies - other
transport modes who hardly see railways as competition because that confers
on them a status that they are a worthy competitor.

Any more?