Re: TRAIN DRIVER

Bill wrote in message <358337A3.5AC6524E@xtra.co.nz>...

>One only has to look at some of the irrational and abusive messages
>posted to this groups by Tezza, KenSiko, and a few others to see what I
mean

Did I upset you BillyBoy?

>However, the cold winds of realism do finally seem to be stirring in Aus,
and it
>may be worth making a direct application to the Human Resources people in
railways,
>stressing your customer focus, your courtesy, your willingness to
multiskill, your
>belief in productivity improvements, and your willingness to have an
individual
>employment contract outside of the union.

>Do NOT tell them that you think that the railways as they are are great,
that you
>are happy to join the union, etc etc.

>If rail mangements are finally seeing the light, and there is a vacancy,
you might
>be considered. If, however, they see your letter as the composition of a
>troublemaker, then you will be rejected. Which is good, because it means
that it is
>still not a good time to join..........

The day management see the light will really be a momentous day in history.
I really can't see them wanting to individually do AWA's with thousands of
employees when they can effectively control them by virtually forcing them
to join the Union. They can then control most of their industrial activities
through the Dispute Settling Procedure which results in payment of the
Industrial Allowance. Why would they want to fuck with something which
works?