Re: TRAIN DRIVER

David McCloud wrote:

> Can anyone please tell me how to become a train driver for city rail or any
> other rail company. And how often do they advertise in the internal
> bulletin for these positions?

  With the current round of redundancies within the SRA particularly at Delec
there is an ever growing number of employees being transferred to the ETR (City
Rail) as drivers. I would imagine that they don't take on anyone that is not
already employed  within the SRA . Some years ago there was a trial to employ
ETR drivers off the street and put them through a crash course on driving
trains. The whole thing was a dismal failure and to my knowledge there was only
one from a school of twenty that got through and he was an enthusiast. David, I
don't think you have a chance. What do you think Tezza as you have just made
the switch to the ETR.
Bob