Re: TRAIN DRIVER

>> David, I don't think you have a chance.
>

>From what I've heard I think he does. I believe the new progression to ETR
>Driver will be station assistant, guard then Driver which is a sensible line
>of progression. They can't get enough Drivers fron FC and that will diminish
>as numbers at Delec drop, then the deadline will come into effect in June
>2000. I think only the 6th ETR Drivers school for the year starts on Monday.
>There's also been ADIT3 schools and guard to Driver schools. They reckon
>they want to start training another 250 guards/ADIT3's/FC Drivers to ETR
>Drivers from September to boost the numbers for the Olympics. And 20 new
>inspectors currently going through to keep them in line.
>

> >What do you think Tezza as you have just made
>>the switch to the ETR.
>
>I have to get through the staff exam yet! But then, if Buff, Batman, OG, Sgt
>Smith and countless idiots got through, no prob.

What is the cut off age for station assistants and do CityRail still
currently employ assistants??? What do they look for?  Has anyone come
off the streets and straight in as a guard??

(Sorry for the Qs but i have been trying to get into the rail industry
for some time but nobody was prepared to say how people progress to
drivers until recently)

Thanx.

Stefan.