Re: ASR Locos

On Sun, 07 Jun 1998 00:10:01 +1000, Bob <gioia@fastlink.com.au> wrote:

>--------------5FFC7DA28F158B02B99DBCCB
>

>David Johnson wrote:
>
>> MarkBau1 wrote:
>>
>> > <<<<You mean fog lights.Bob>>>>>
>> >
>> > To my knowlege no Australian loco is fitted with foglights, fog lights are
>> > yellow colored and somehow see through fog a little better than white lights.
>>
>> I think the best answer to the question, is what is the switch labelled?  I
>> believe the 82/90 locos have fog lights, whereas the NR class locos have ditch
>> lights.  Perhaps an NR driver and/or a Clyde maintenance officer could tell us
>> how the switches are labelled?

On NR class they are labelled Ditch Lights. They do not shine
parrallel to the track but at a slight angle (in the ditch).
Incidently NRs also have a switch marked 'Gauge Lights' yet there are
no gauges. All gauges are 'on screen'. The 'Gauge Light' switch
controls the lights that illuminate the switch panels.

Cheers

Krel