Re: ASR Locos

David Johnson wrote:

MarkBau1 wrote:

> <<<<You mean fog lights.Bob>>>>>
>
> To my knowlege no Australian loco is fitted with foglights, fog lights are
> yellow colored and somehow see through fog a little better than white lights.
>
> Not even the Canadians, (who invented ditchlights) call them fog lights
> anymore.
>
> If you call them fog lights does that mean you only turn them on when it is
> foggy?

I think the best answer to the question, is what is the switch labelled?  I
believe the 82/90 locos have fog lights, whereas the NR class locos have ditch
lights.  Perhaps an NR driver and/or a Clyde maintenance officer could tell us
how the switches are labelled?

The story goes like this. The 82 class are merked fog lights on the switch in the cab as well as the circuit breaker. The 90 class (Canadian made) are marked fog light on the switch and ditch light on the circuit breaker. 82 class wiring diagrams (locally drawn) show them as fog lights where as the 90 class diagrams (drawn by EMD) show them as ditch lights. I guess that in NSW at least we call them fog lights. They are also fitted to 81 class and called fog lights.Bob