Re: ASR's colour scheme on CLP13

It has certainly created great interest!

CLP13 and CLP8 returned to Melbourne on Friday 5/6/98, working
5AM3P/9756 (39 vehicles, 2668.4 tonnes - 813.2 metres) with CLP13 in the
lead. Unfortunately, this train was delayed due to difficulties in the
Adelaide Hills (caused by 602) and arrived 2 hours late.  The train was
the first worked into Melbourne with an Adelaide-based Australia
Southern Railroad crew.  It is hoped that ASR's efficiencies can see the
return of land-transported freight to it's rightful place - the steel
road!

The train returned (as 9755 / 6MA3P) to Adelade on the morning of
6/6/98, with CLP8 hauling CLP13 (dead, A/C not required) for a total of
25 vehicles (565 metres) for 682 tonnes.  Once again, unfortunate luck
saw the train delayed en-route (west of North Geelong block point) by an
accident.

An additional ASR logo has been applied to the nose door of CLP13, and
many dedicated rail fans took the opportunity to take photos of this en
route.

Many of these fans were, unfortunately, irresponsibly trespassing on the
railway (standing fair in the middle of the tracks in some cases), and
were in breach of OH&S requirements for safety clothing and footwear -
but who really gives a damn!   The photo is what counts isn't it?

And the crew found it greatly amusing to see the circus of persuing
vehicles, all racing ahead, only for the passengers of the cars to stand
virtually on one another's toes, to get what must surely be, almost
identical shots!!   Do all Victorian railfans behave in this ridiculous
manner??   Certainly must make the crew's trip more entertaining!!

CYA!