Re: Derailment at Spencer St this afternoon?

Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I arrived at Spencer St at about 4pm this afternoon, there were a
> lot
> of workers around an area near platform 12.

> Can anyone confirm what happened and provide more detail?

> Reuben

So now I know why the services in the Caulfield loop were mucked up...
By the time peak period came along (around 5.10pm), there were trains
running *anticlockwise* in this loop - the opposite to normal. When I
got to Melbourne Central, there were announcements and displays telling
all Frankston/Pakenham/Cranbourne passengers to take the next train to
Flinders St. With the blockage at Spencer St, I don't know where they
ended up.....I took an Upper Ferntree Gully train to Richmond instead
and changed there. The Frankston trains turned out to be only about 3
minutes late anyway.

John Cleverdon