Re: Accuracy of Time/Date Stamp on a Metcard

Yuri J Sos/Melbourne AUS wrote:
> Add another stuff-up to the list.

Add a couple more....

Ticket machine at one station was crediting exactly *twice* the value of
the coin you inserted (ie, insert a $2 coin, it counted $4 off the price
of the ticket)

Same machine later issued free tickets, by not only doubling the face
value of your coin, but if a $1 was used, it was also rejected out the
bottom of the machine (so you just kept putting through your $1 coin - I
initially read about this in aus.rail, and it happened to me about 2
days later!).  Machine could easily be ripped off - firstly one could
have obtained a years supply of free tickets, secondly one could credit
themselves some value towards purchase price of a ticket, then hit
"cancel", and then the machine returns the money you've been credited
with!  Machine was not issuing anything 12 hours later, and fixed within
another 12.

I'd struck no problems until the above last week, then yesterday the
barriers at Spencer St refused to take my  ticket "Re-Try" it said on
three different barriers....so I showed the guy on the barriers and he
nonchelantly waved me through...

And today, One validator at a local station wouldn't validate tickets
"Re-Try" again....the other validators were OK.

Fun and games....

Cheers,
CH.
--