Re: Accuracy of Time/Date Stamp on a Metcard

Mike Alexander wrote:

> > Sydneys system could have easily been adapted for Melbourne
> > and it has very few non-vandalism related problems now.
> >
> > > Are we destined to be battling run down and shoddy validators and
> barriers
> > > that swallow tickets for the remainder of the Met's life?
>
> If I'm not mistaken, the validators used in Melbourne are (almost) the
> same
> as the ones used in Sydney. They certainly look the same, with the
> exception of the display being in a readable position (angled
> upwards),
> rather than on the front, half-way down the machine as is the case in
> Sydney.

According to ERG Ltd. (part of the OneLink Consortium), they have also
installed automated ticketing system in Sydney and Brisbane:

"Other major fare collection systems have been installed or are being
installed in
     Sydney and Brisbane, Australia; Gothenburg, Sweden; Toronto,
Canada; Brussels,
     Belgium and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia."

For more information, please go to:  http://www.erg.com.au/indexn34.html

Cheers,

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Serving Your Library and Office Needs
Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group CCT Approved Library Supplier