Re: Implications of ICE crash

In article <3578DE42.4192401C@ibm.net>, Bruce Greening <bgreeni@ibm.net>
writes:

>It is a couple of years ago that I rode on an ICE in Germany, but seem to
>remember
>that there was no 'emergency cord' or similar, except perhaps at the end of
>the
>coach.

Emergency brake handles are at each end of the carriage, plus in some carriages
also midway.

Interesting is that in the recent crash, what would be the effect of oulling
the emergency brake after the wheel had broken?

On a grain costkng $20 million, why is there no constant electronic monitoring
of wheel integrity displayed in the driver's cabin?

*Phjlip*

(the un-monitored)