Re: Implications of ICE crash

<<<<<<I know I'm only a vet, but I'd like to ask the drivers here.....what
stops faster from 100km/h, a train or a light engine? >>>>>>>

Depemds on the train but in the case of a passenger train, it would probably
stop faster than a V/Line light engine. As far as braking goes, a loco is
simply a very heavy freight car.

The problem of stopping light engines is made worse by VR's, V/Line's
insistence on using cast iron blocks at low pressure. A loco equipped with
composistion blocks brakes quite a bit faster than cast iron, composition also
allows you to run much higher brake cylinder pressure.

Mark.

THE ROCK is dead
Long live THE ROCK!