Re: Sydney trip

In article <6lataj$4km$1@gruvel.une.edu.au>,
  dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David Bromage) wrote:

> You should write a letter to Countrylink and tell them what you think.

They won't listen - they are (almost) as bad as GSR when it comes to reacting
to customer feedback.

On the issue of XPT sleeping cars, I'm amazed they didn't build these cars as
roomette cars, fitting them out like IP economy sleepers - have 18-single
BERTH compartments, i.e. same overnight capacity as now, but with 2 seats per
compartment, i.e. a 33% increase in daytime capacity. You wouldn't get the
problem I saw the other nite - there were 2 beds left on the train, but a
couple, travelling together, couldn't get them - they had to be separated.
The reason? One of the beds was in a compartment already occupied by a male,
the other - you guessed it, in a compartment already occupied by a female. It
means that couples still wouldn't be able to travel together, but it also
means that you wouldn't have to refuse custom because the potential passenger
was the wrong gender!

Hope this helps,

David "The Doctor" Proctor