NR failure and RSA loco

On Thursday (28/5) I was looking out my window at work when I noticed a
light engine movement consisting of a NR, a BL or G (I'm not sure which) and
another NR.  All were in NR colours. The three were travelling north on the
Main North through Pennant Hills. Later that day, I had to do some work at
Hornsby station and noticed the same three locos leading two more NR's with
a train in tow travelling south now on the Main North. It was interesting to
see the lead loco long hood forward. I surmised that the two NR's leading
the freighter had stalled on Cowan Bank being unable to lift the load and
the NR BL NR came to the rescue.
God forbid, but Network Contral may even have used the bi-directional
features betweeen Cowan and Hawkesbury River.

On Friday (29/5) I was suprised by another light engine movement passing my
window at Pennant Hills. It consisted of two 48's. One was painted in the
RSA livery and the other standard FreightCorp Blue. The RSA livery was very
similar in design to the Austrac livery, though the colours are different.
The RSA loco also had DEMC painted on it.
The pair were travelling north on the Main North, and then about an hour
later they passed me travelling south.

I wonder what's going to happen on Monday????

Ben Staples
Graduate Engineer RSA Metro North