Re: More CityRail trouble ....

DJ NightShade wrote:

> >"Knives are out on the rough ride to Richmond"
>
> i'm a cheepscate}, and i saw a 8 car tangara returning from richmond(arr
> 7:56pm at Riverstone). The front 4 cars had no lights on, so i assume that
> only the last 4 cars had passengers in them. this must have been for
> security.

Melbourne quite often do this after 8pm on most suburban trains that are
not heavily populated. The first carriage is usually open whereas the
remainder 2 (on a 3 car comeng) are locked up, switched off, etc,etc
etc. I find quite often on the broady train however that the rest of the
train is opened up by the time it reaches north melbourne, since with
only one carriage things can sometimes get squishy. This has often made
me wonder about the feasibility of running a sprinter railmotor on some
of the less populated lines at night. What implications could follow of
this? This has also made me think of the possible application of
Sprinter railmotors in for example an hourly after midnight service, to
replace nightrider buses.

Mick.

--
Mr Michael Kurkowski.   Email: simcard@tig.com.au
    Snail Mail: P.O. Box 337 Glenroy, VIC 3046