Re: Trains Article Mentioned in NSW Parliament

daproc@bigfoot.com wrote:

> What I found amusing was that the Minister for Transport got up in Parliament
> to defend criticism of the XPT by saying that it was unfair to compare the XPT
> with the Sunlander and Queenslander, as they were desinged for tourists, and
> the XPT was "a commuter train" - how many other commuter trains have sleeping
> cars?

All CityRail trains do.  Catch the 01:55 from Bondi Junction to Cronulla and see
how many berths are taken. :-)

Another thing worth noting is that the Sunlander and Queenslander run at a far
reduced speed to the XPT.  The track they run on, however, is far superior, and
this will be reflected when the tilt train starts running in Queensland.  Also, QR
track is only 1067mm compared to the NSW 1435mm, which should mean that the NSW
track should be better, but it isn't.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard