Re: Plastic Metcard Weekly Ticket

> While travelling on a Driver bus lines bus the other day, I heard a two
way radio conversation where the driver of another > bus had had a plastic
Metcard weekly ticket presented for travel, and was querying the ticket
with head office.

> The plastic card apparently had a Metcard logo on it.

> It was reported that the passenger had purchased the ticket from a
service station in Punt Road.

> Does anyone have any info on this?

I bet I can guess what happened. When you buy a Metcard from a shop which
is equipped with a scanner on their cash register, they like to scan
everything they sell in (naturally). Since Metcards don't have a barcode,
the shops are issued with a little plastic card for each type of Metcard,
with a barcode which corresponds to the type of ticket. And yes, the card
does have a Metcard logo on it! They are supposed to scan the little
plastic card for each sale, and then put it back in the box with the
tickets.

And I bet the drongo in the sevice station gave the customer the little
plastic card instead of their ticket. Obviously they had never sold a
Metcard before, and the customer had never seen one!!

BTW, does anyone else see the irony of buying a Metcard from a Service
station?

Best Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex@bigfoot.com)