Re 600 class in Victoria

Hi there

Mark Baul wrote  "Seeing as they were delivered in 1965 I'd say its pretty
certain they were
delivered via Melbourne"  referring to 600 class

I can assure you that 600 and 601 (the others came in 1969) were delivered
to Broken Hill and delivered by narrow gauge to their respective work roads
at Gladstone, one of my workmates at Peterborough described the operation
of connecting the bogies out "in the middle of nowhere" and the horrors of
servicing the traction motor brushes... they were awful machines
mechanically to work on!

HTH

Trevor Gibbs