Re: NSW SIGN

Barry Campbell wrote:

> Ronald Leslie BEST wrote in message <35be4eec.0@139.134.5.33>...
> >I recently saw a sign placed at the departure end of both down platforms at
> >Granville. It had the word "WOLO" in black on a yellow background. Anyone
> >know what it means?
> >
> Wolo was one of the 4 character telegraphic codes used on the railways for
> years. I am sure I saw a list in this ng or somewhere else. Of course, it
> doesn't necessarily follow that this sign has that meaning and I can't
> remember what the meaning is anyway.

Now days if you get WOLO it means that the line speed is reduced by a certain
amount, I used to know what the speeds where, but bassically it accours in
REALLY REALLY hot weather when it can effect the rails.

--
Bye for now,

Eben

http://www.klever.net.au/~ebenlevy/

And one ring to rule ... err ... moderate them all!