Re: Victorian Tangaras?

<<<<<<Improvements in signalling would allow higher running speeds on some
suburban lines and improve traffic flow with single deck trains. A new
"clear high speed" or similar before a "clear normal speed" would allow,
say, 100km/h where you can currently only do 80km/h. I suggested adding
"green over green" to automatic signalling, and Andrew Waugh suggested
flashing aspects.>>>>>>>

How would a "clear high speed" prior to a G/R allow you to go from 80k's to
100k's?
G/R allows you to go as fast as the max track speed, you can't go faster than
the maximum!

VR's signalling has been bastardised enough over the years without adding
flashing aspects and G/G's.
If Victoria had any brains they would systematically work towards replacing the
current mess with pommy 4 aspect signalling, then I would be in favour of
flashing aspects but to put flashing aspects on top of the present mess would
be a bigger mess!

Too bad for God I'm on his kill file, he might learn something!

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/