Re: FAQ [was Victorian Tangaras?

Gill wrote:

> Recently  i was in Melbourne (to watch the other brand of football) and i
> noticed Tangara units rostered on the Box Hill service.Can anyone down
> there give me information on the designation and whether this a permanent
> trend in the suburban sets.--

This question comes up so frequently (as do others) that surely it is
time for an FAQ for this group?

Anyone want to volunteer?

It really needs to be someone in Australia which counts me out.

I now do the FAQ for misc.transport.urban-transit, which was in fact
started by an Australian, David Hoadley, but that is an international
group so it doesn't matter where the FAQ for that one is compiled.
aus.rail is another story.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

Auckland didn’t become the ugly sprawling mess it is today through the
foresight of its city fathers.