ASR reopening lines?

I thought I read many years ago in a magazine called Rail Australia that the Snowtown - Kadina - Wallaroo line was converted to dual gauge in 1983 as part of the works associated with converting the Port Pirie to Adelaide line to standard gauge.  Suluphuric Acid was transported along this line from Port Pirie to ? The traffic was lost to road and Austrailian National closed the line when they lost the wheat traffic from this area in (I think) 1990.

regards Garry.