Re: Swanston Trams (and Yarra)

"Michael Walker" <walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote:
[City Circle]
>I somehow think that a Z or A painted burgundy running
>the service wouldn't attract anywhere near the same patronage as even a
>'heritage' W charging fares!

Does Sydney still have its "Tramway" - a bus painted as a tram that runs around
the city? They have something similar in Vancouver, too. As far as I've seen,
neither carry a fraction of the passengers that Melbourne's genuine tram City
Circle carries.

Mind you, when I was there in April '96, there were very few people using
Seattle's trams. But with a service frequency of 30 minutes in the daytime
(weekdays), what would you expect?

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...