Re: Z3 in Glen Huntly Road

Anthony Tubbs wrote:

> On 17 Jul 1998 14:04:22 GMT, "Gunzel" <mitchela@melbpc.org.au> wrote:
>
> >You will get your W's back as soon as they are safe for one person
> >operation and they might be working on that problem now. The driver has a
> >better view on the "modern" trams.
> >
> Then again you might not.

So may I take it from this thread that the Ws are still off the road
except on the City Circle and there are not enough post-1975 trams to
maintain service?

Why can't they put the Ws back on with conductors (sorry, passenger
service people/revenue protection officers) until this is sorted out?

And just to complicate things, when will an order be place for more new
trams (hahahahaha).

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

Auckland didn’t become the ugly sprawling mess it is today through the
foresight of its city fathers.