West Coast Railway

Well, I finally decided to make the trip to Warrnambool and back.

Here is my impressions.

I traveled first class and found that it was one of the nicest trips I
had made in either N.S.W or VIC.

The carriage, ACZ225 was well presented, Clean and generally nice. It
rode well, not as quiet as some trains I have ridden.

Well, The level of service provided is more then I am used to. (mainly
the shitty XPT)

The main thing I remember was the food :-} Well, on the run back, I was
happily sitting in my seat (more on this later) and just thinking how
nice something to eat would be. Well, Just what I wanted, seat service.
The lady from the buffet came through asking use if we would like
anything. I ordered a meat pie with source and paid the very good price
of $2 (normally $2.80? on the XPT). About two minutes later, this was in
my hand, not how I expected, it was in a paper bag, on a plastic plate,
with a plastic knife and fork and a serviette *WOW* But best of all, the
pie was ok tasting.

Well, the seat, I found them so big I was always sitting on one side (I
am used to those small things on the XPT) The had clean, fresh, non
damaged fabric covering. Seat Spacing was good. and they where very
comfortable, I almost feel asleep.

The staff, Was clean and well presented, more then informative, nice
attitude and generally friendly.

The train was smooth, no sharp jerks or shudders. The train in either
braking or powering wouldn't make you move in the seat.

The outside of the train needed a bit more of a clean.

I found the whale announcement was nice, even though I wasn't on the
tour. I found the P.A. to have a little interference but more then
adequate. All announcements where clear.

Well, in all I can say that the first class trip is worth it. So next
time I will use the service if I am going anywhere I can use the
service.

--
Bye for now,
Eben.

http://www.klever.net.au/~ebenlevy/

A cat *WILL* blink when hit by a hammer.