Re: 3NP2 in accident

>>At about 16:54 on the 14/7/1998 3NP2 hualed by NR12/110 struck  a pine
>>tree foul of the down track, down side, down end 500 metres of
>>Wallendbeen Staion at about 80 kolimetres an hour.
>
>>Driver applied emergancy brakes about level with the overbridge open
>>seeing the tree foul of the track.
>

>>Advised that loco's would be swaped around at Cootamundra so that NR110
>>would lead. Driver trying to figure out what todo as locomotive NR110
>>does not have victorian radio fitted and is not permitted to lead.
>
>Ebens post highlights yet again just one more idiotic rail practice that we
>could well do without.
>NRC went to great efforts to ensure that they had a class of Locomotive that
>could run anywhere throughout the SG Network, but of course we find that due
>to a State specific rule NR110 is not allowed to lead in Victoria.
>When will this madness cease?
>What has happened to progress towards common safeworking rules?

NR class locos are gradually being fitted out with AWARE radio system
which will enable them to lead anywhere in Australia except
Newport-Pyrenees Loop (Melb-Adel line). The system is having final
checks and adjustments done and locos are being fitted out. I believe
that AWARE is in use on the Ip from Sydney to Adelaide and vv. Soon we
will only have one break of radio gauge.

Cheers

Krel
All's well that ends.