Re: 3NP2 in accident

In article <35AC4857.525D7EE9@klever.net.au> Eben Levy <ebenlevy@klever.net.au> writes:
>From: Eben Levy <ebenlevy@klever.net.au>
>Subject: Re: 3NP2 in accident
>Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:12:39 +1000

>Grrrrr, I hate it when the system glitches, well, here is the original
>post

>At about 16:54 on the 14/7/1998 3NP2 hualed by NR12/110 struck  a pine
>tree foul of the down track, down side, down end 500 metres of
>Wallendbeen Staion at about 80 kolimetres an hour.

>Driver applied emergancy brakes about level with the overbridge open
>seeing the tree foul of the track.

>Damaged sustain was one smash front window, drivers side. Damage to air
>horns, and green stuff all over the front of the loco. train stoped 800
>metres from the station, and inspected. Driver advised Cootamundra
>control who allowed them to procced to Cootamundra at reduced speed if
>driver felt it was acceptable to do so.

>Photo's was taken to record the damage.

>Advised that loco's would be swaped around at Cootamundra so that NR110
>would lead. Driver trying to figure out what todo as locomotive NR110
>does not have victorian radio fitted and is not permitted to lead.

>Delay was roughly 26 minutes at Wallendbeen.

>Eben Levy wrote:

>> --
>> Bye for now,
>> Eben.
>>
>> http://www.klever.net.au/~ebenlevy/
>>
>> A cat *WILL* blink when hit by a hammer.

Ebens post highlights yet again just one more idiotic rail practice that we
could well do without.
NRC went to great efforts to ensure that they had a class of Locomotive that
could run anywhere throughout the SG Network, but of course we find that due
to a State specific rule NR110 is not allowed to lead in Victoria.
When will this madness cease?
What has happened to progress towards common safeworking rules?

cheers
MD