VFT to the North should be funded by Telstra sale.!

Well, I have heard everything now, the entrepreneur of
the Melbourne to Darwin VFT has suggested on ABC that
the proceeds of the Telstra sale should be used and I
quote;
Everald Compton, who wants to build the railway,
recently received backing from the Prime Minister to
conduct a feasibility study into the project.
He says the proceeds from Telstra could be invested in
large projects to get them off the ground.
Mr Compton says once the projects are established the
shares could be gradually sold and re-invested in other
public infrastructure.
"If it's going to be sold, I believe that the money is
better used in infrastructure projects which will
develop inland Australia and create jobs in inland
Australia, rather than enabling people in inland
Australia to get faster onto the internet," he said.

How generous Mr Compton, inland people should be
deprived of the Internet for your pie in the sky
railway.  How about the Federal Government spend money
on the existing national railway network first, instead
of filling our national highways with road transport.!!

You do not need to be a certified accountant to realise
that that this Melbourne to Darwin VFT will never
attract private finance, hence the embrace of the
Telstra sale.

Cheers

----Tell
Alice Springs NT