Re: Bayswater Movements

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Jul 1998, Translib Pty. Ltd. wrote:
>
> > Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:
> > > What is Spencer Street Layby Sidings, and why does the train go
> > > there?
> >
> > Sorry I can't answer whereabout is the Spencer Street Layby Sidings
> > (LBY).
>
> LBY's position is kind of hard to explain..
> It is between SSS and NME stations (SpencerSt & NthMelb).  It is also
> 'between' the running lines from the two stations mentioned above.
> The
> double deck is usually parked there during the day.  It is near the
> SpencerSt Railmotor stabling depot and fuel point.  The two stabling
> lines
> are the only electrified lines in the section (SSS to NME) which have
> lights on posts either side of the stabling lines.  It can be easily
> seen
> from the roadway bridge on pfm 2.  (only two dead end lines (sidings)
> in
> the SSS to NME electrified section)
> Does this help?, cause if your not confused, I am!

Gareth,

Thanks for the information.  Yes, I do know where you are talking about.

Cheers,

Iming

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Serving Your Library and Office Needs
Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group CCT Approved Library Supplier