Re: Bayswater Movements

On Sat, 4 Jul 1998, Translib Pty. Ltd. wrote:

> Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:
> > What is Spencer Street Layby Sidings, and why does the train go
> > there?
>
> Sorry I can't answer whereabout is the Spencer Street Layby Sidings
> (LBY).

LBY's position is kind of hard to explain..
It is between SSS and NME stations (SpencerSt & NthMelb).  It is also
'between' the running lines from the two stations mentioned above.  The
double deck is usually parked there during the day.  It is near the
SpencerSt Railmotor stabling depot and fuel point.  The two stabling lines
are the only electrified lines in the section (SSS to NME) which have
lights on posts either side of the stabling lines.  It can be easily seen
from the roadway bridge on pfm 2.  (only two dead end lines (sidings) in
the SSS to NME electrified section)
Does this help?, cause if your not confused, I am!

Gareth