Re: C class's and Belarine Peninsula Railways (two qns)

David Bromage wrote:

> David & Julie Donald (dsjmd@hermes.net.au) wrote:
> > Melbourne.  I am also told that periodically (and I do not think that it is
> > really all that often) "one" gets a run from Junee to Melbourne, and return -
> > reason unknown, but some thoughts that it might be when there are NRC loco
> > shortages in Melbourne.

They are run to melbourne to keep them operational, just ideling your car will keep
it in order but not service it like it should be, so you need to run them.

> I understand at least two others at Junee are started regularly to keep
> them operational. That means they would be available as emergency second
> units in case of a failure on the main south.

All but one in Junee are started. In January, I was there the day of the start :-}
I believe that C503 didn't have an engine, so it couldn't be started but all others
where, I took my photo's while they where running.

Hearing C505 rev up in the roundhouse is something to behold.

There are to NR drivers that do it, in there spare time. this is once or twice a
week. How do I know? I asked when I was in C504. Great feeling having this thing
roar into life under you :-}

--
Bye for now,
Eben.

http://www.klever.net.au/~ebenlevy/

A cat *WILL* blink when hit by a hammer.