Re: tangara tms problems

janb wrote:

> can anybody explain to me common problems associated with the tangara train
> managment system.
>
> ive overheard many drivers complaining about tangara tms failures...
>
> would this have anything to do with the cityrail train radio system not
> being used through the tms...

The TMS virtually runs the show.  It does everything from operating the remote
Parking Brakes to cutting out equipment.  It runs the intruder alarm, and also
displays door open indications.  It shows up A/C faults, doors faults, chopper
unit faults, and many other faults.

The most common complaint I have experienced is when you are running the TMS in
test run mode, which displays all the cars, and their motor currents.  Suddenly
a fault will display (like a chopper tripped out), then reset itself and blank
the screen out.  The driver then has to go through a series of button pushes to
get the screen back.
If you do a fault check, all the cars will be displaying "abnormal".  The
fault?  "EP-NOREL"  What does that mean?  The Electro-Pneumatic brake is not
released fully.  Why not?  Because the brake is applied!

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard