Re Millicent Line

Re

    > What were the main traffics ?  Those I know of are paper in vans from

     >the Snuggery paper mill, dolomite and coal in VR hoppers for the
paper
     >mill, grain or fertiliser in tarped OB wagons and the odd wagon of
     >cement.

      Got it almost in one
     >Any livestock traffic ?

     Possibly in the early eighties

     >Did the line ever have a Bluebird railcar service ?

     No, there was a connecting road bus from Kalangadoo directly to
Millicent, one or two specials would have gone to Millicent on say a Sunday
when the Bluebirds laid over

    >Did V\Line diesels ever operate the freight service, particularly the
handsome N class ?

    I recall seeing a picture of a B in the early 80's enterring Mt Gambier
and I seem to     remember reading that it worked on to Snuggery. Also
several 930's and 700,s also worked through from the Victorian side as
Vline trains through to Snuggery so other units could also have worked
through.

Hope this helps...

Trevor Gibbs