Re: 5910

In article <35A0D190.B835C9DE@ozemail.com.au>,
David Johnson  <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>Matthew Halpin wrote:
>
>> All the RTM said was that it failed at 6:30 on Sunday Morning.  For those
>> on the tour a 20% discount is being offered on the next trip they book on.
>> For those who were out to take photos the looks of disappointment were
>> noticeable from the train.
>
>I think I would prefer the 43 class.

Yeah, well you're just weird, aren't you :-)

I was on the tour from Penrith to Katoomba, where I swapped with my wife. We
were going to give my younger son his first taste of going on a longer steam
train trip, while I chased it to Lithgow :-(. Then we were going to swap over
again. Instead we found a nice bushwalk up the side of the hill opposite Bottom
Points at Zig Zag and just forgot about the RTM's train.

When I was driving alongside the train (me chasing a diesel hauled train -
c'mon!) just after it left Medlow Bath, the 45 was putting out regular puffs of
brown smoke in amongst the usual flatulent diesel exhaust. What was causing
this?

I think the RTM had better look seriously at it's current policy of only
maintaining one mainline steam engine. This is the second time this has
happened to me. I'm not impressed. The 20% discount is a good idea, at least
there's some incentive to try again.

--
Dr Adrian Whichello                                  Phone: +61 2 9351 5339
Imaging Science and Engineering Laboratory             Fax: +61 2 9351 3847

"I wish to God these calculations had been executed by Steam!" - C. Babbage