Re: Federation Tramway Proposal

Barry Campbell wrote:

>  So now for the question I have been meaning to post for some time.
>
> What has happened  to the steam tram museum late of Parramatta Park since
> the disasterous fire some years ago?
>
> Barry Campbell

The museum's collection is scattered all over the countryside.

The steam tram motor 103a (slowly being restored), ex Commonwealth
Portland Cement No.2 Stephenson loco (operational) and Vulcan saddle
tank loco 1022 (unrestored) are still at RTM Thirlmere. Two ex Sydney
electric cars N685 and N619 (both unrestored) are stored
behind a local garage in the township of Thirlmere.

Two ex Sydney C2 steam tram trailers (recovered from a property in
Berowra Jan. 97), reproduction double deck steam tram trailer (ex Power
House Museum), an end platform railway carriage (recovered from a
property at Warren), an S truck and LV are all located at RTM Valley
Heights.

The track and three shipping containers of various bits and pieces still
remain in Parramatta Park.

It is hoped that the museum will operate at Valley Heights in conjuction
with RTM.

Paul de Vries.