Re: Spare day in Sydney, What should I see??

On Thu, 02 Jul 1998 09:30:41 GMT, Robert.Corner@per.clw.csiro.au took time out
from wrapping gaffer tape around gerbils and wrote:

> Hello
>         In late July I have to visit Sydney for a work related trip.
> The conditions of my air-ticket require that I spend a Sat night in
> Sydney. This leaves me a whole Sat to do with as I please.
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions?  I have had a look at the ZigZag web
> site and it looks as though a trip there might be feasible. Is it? and
> is it worth it. Altenatively is there any other running steam? I
> know there is a heritage railtour on sat 25/7 but I would prefer
> something where I can both ride and watch.

If you haven't done it before, catch a few ferries and check out Sydney Harbour.
You could also have a look at the Powerhouse Museum in Ultimo.  They have some
static early train displays.

Catchya

   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~kingpin1