Re: New Alamein Line Timetable (Melbourne)

Translib Pty. Ltd. wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> A new timetable for Alamein Line (Melbourne) will be introduced from
> Sunday, 15th March 1998.  This alteration is in account of the new train
> stabling yard at Camberwell.  The most noticeable change to this new
> timetable is the cancellation of the down Alamein trains (with
> passenger) from Flinders Street on Saturdays and Sundays - replaced by
> two down trains originating from Camberwell.  After a quick check
> against the poster timetable (to be put up at various stations soon),
> majority of the services remain unchanged.
>
> Cheers,
>
> I.C.

When they have done a little more work in Flinders Street Yard they are bringing
out a new timetable for all lines to cater for the movement of trains from outer
Meblourne to Flinders Street, When the yard is closed.

I have noticd they have removed all yards between the Burnley lines, and now re
grading the ground for the laying of the re-alined Caulfield lines in March.

Chris Gordon
cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord