Re: Melb's stuffed ATMs

> I used to buy monthly tickets on the basis that all you have
> to do is wave it at the ticket-checker in the city and the conductor on
> the tram. This meant that it could live in my wallet 98% of the time
> except for the last 15 minutes from Flinders Street Station to South
> Melbourne and the first 15 minutes on the return journey. Now I shall
> have to validate it before and after the train trip and when I get on
> the tram as well.

So, let me get this right....

Previously, you only had to remove your ticket from your wallet to show it
to the ticket checker in the city, and to the conductor on the tram.

Now, you have to remove it from your wallet to show it to the ticket gate
in the city, and to the validator on the tram.

So, apart from having to show it on the way _on_ to the train at where ever
you start from, it is exactly the same. And, I really think that that the
one extra validation at the station on the way on is not too much of an
imposition. On your trip back home, the number of "wallet removes" would be
exactly the same, as you have always had to show a ticket to get in to
Flinders St. It doesn't seem unreasonable to have to show someone/something
that you have a valid ticket before travelling.

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex@bigfoot.com)