Re: Failed Windscreen Test

Craig Haber wrote in message <34C980A9.6171@harnessnet.com.au>...
>SNIP  Aren't all loco windscreen's now bulletproof - surely
>the bottle should have broken and not the windscreen.

Checking out a half finished NR class,  I asked a senior man about the
windscreen looking pretty bullet proof. He said it was. It's double plate,
tinted and quite thick, so sounds reasonable. ( Allowing of course for
bullets and bullets, ie .22 vs 50cal ).

This is reassuring as, apart from a friend almost being killed by a brick
coming through a railcar windscreen, I've also seen a Prospector driver with
an enormous wedgetail eagle in his lap. It came through the glass, and
slammed into the wall clipping his shoulder. His shoulder was black and
blue, the eagle unfortunately was DOA.

See you,
Paul...