Re: Wide electric stock

Bob wrote:

> Today I was told that the new Hombush Loop and Arncliffe North stations
> are being built to the new RSA standard which narrows the gap between
> the carriage and platform so to help with wheelchair access. If this is
> so , will the old preserved single deck stock be able to run through
> these platforms?

Homebush has been cut back, because Tangara doors tended to keep hitting the
platform.  I can't wait for the first tangara to stop at "North Arncliffe" and
jam its doors on the platform!  Or, better still, one with doors failed in the
open position travelling through at speed. :-)))

I have heard that the red set won't be permitted through Homebush.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard