Re: Changes in Melbourne

Chris Gordon wrote:

> [SNIP]
>
> The spliting is a good idea but....
> On Sunday and Weeknights you have a shuttle service from Ringwood to
> the other
> line.  ie.  A belgrave train from the city and a few minutes after
> leaving
> ringwood a Lylidale trains comes in and goes to Lylidale.
>
> Why not do this on Saturday so you get the following service
> Weeknights, 30 minutes all stations served
> Saturdays, 20 minutes all stations served (formally alt. lines after
> ringwood)
> Sundays, 30 all stations served

Let's assume the idea do go ahead, I hope Hillside Train will use 6-car
set rather than the 3-car set.  Otherwise, we will have a sardine can
with Alamein, Belgrave and Lilydale passengers!  I somehow suspect, it
would be easier for them to use 3-car set and have another 3-car set
wait, both at Camberwell and Ringwood.  Finally, 6-car sets are required
during daytime on weekends, especially when major events are held.  A
few people have expressed (through this newsgroup) unacceptable train

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Approved CCT Library Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group