Re: Melbourne ATM's -- "touch" panels?

Dave McL wrote:

> Iming Chan wrote:
>

> > Sounds like OneLink has modified its software a little.  Apparently
> > during the early stage of the MetCard implementation, my friend has
> no
> > problem validating a magnetic ticket from Sydney, at Glenferrie
> (prior
> > to the installation of the larger silver barriers).roved CCT Library
> Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group
>
> What a hoot! Did it deduct any money or did he get a free ride?
>
> There might be a problem if the gestapo, sorry, revenue protection
> officers, or whatever they are called, got on.

Dave,

I am pleased to let you know that he did not travel (well, it's free
travel for P.T.C. personnel when travelling in Melbourne) and such
exercise just to see whether Sydney ticket will work done here in
Melbourne.  Well it did and from memory, an expiry date and time was
printed at the correct spot!!

As far as RPO is concerned, he's in his uniform that day, but as I
indicated, he's not travelling.

Cheers,

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Approved CCT Library Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group