Re: 3801 and 3830 Double Headers

Jack Coomer wrote in message <01bd248a$55cb1020$c4bf13cb@default>...

>Barry <one@microsoft.com> wrote in article
><69eiaa$okn$1@news.mel.aone.net.au>...
>>

>> We already have 3801 (streamlined) and 3830 (non-streamlined) why bother
>> with any more of the same. Steam is boring anyway.
>>

>> Barry Campbell
>>

>> It is apparent, Barry, that you are very young.
>
>John

Sad to say John that I am 47 the week after next. When I first got
interested in trains in 1959, steam was on its way out - diesels were new
and interesting and they looked different - all steamers looked the same.
This may have been because they were all the same class but that's the way
it looked to me at the time. Steam has always had a novelty appeal to me but
otherwise Alcos, GMs, EEs, GEs, (E M) Baldwins and even Simplexes are much
more interesting.

BC