Re: Wonderful, Customer-Responsive GSR

G'day,
MarkBau1 wrote:
> scorpion wrote:
> <<<This is the birth of private railways in Australia.  CLEARLY Profit
> driven and not service driven. Public Transport must remain Public not
> Private.S>>>>>>
>
> Of course the old VR, NSWGR et al were masters of customer service wern't they?
> NOT!

Something which some of you seem to have overlooked is that PROFIT comes
from PASSENGERS.  No passengers = no profit, so it's in the best
interests of any private operator to make the service attractive to
passengers.  Making the service attractive includes improving customer
service.

No I haven't travelled on a GSR service, but I'd say give them some time
to find their feet - miracles don't happen overnight!

Cheers,
Craig.
--
Craig Haber