Re: 3801 and 3830 Double Headers

Chris Stratton (stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au) wrote:
>Does 6029 still belong to the Federal Government? It was originally
>obtained for the National Museum of Australia which, when I was last in
>Canberra a few years ago, was still just a visitor's centre desribing what
>the museum will be one day. If they still own it it is not likely the ARHS
>would cough up the money for the restoration. If the government wanted to
>make a contribution as well maybe it could happen.

There could be some Federation FUnding available for restoration. At one
stage the National Museum of Australia planned to have a mobile museum on
rails to tour the country in 2001. As the same museum owned (at the time,
and I think still does) 6029, that would be the obvious choice for motive
power.

There's still time to have it running by the middle of 2000.

Cheers
David