Re: 3801 and 3830 Double Headers

Barry wrote:

> Steam is boring is my (totally arbitrary) opinion but I think it is not
> unreasonable to argue that a third representative of a class of 38 is a
> waste of scarce resources.

I think one reason that steam has become boring is that there are really only
three steam locos running around Sydney.  Two of them are 38s!  I think 3813
should be left in bits at Dorrigo, where Keith can run around saying "It will be
running soon" just like the rest of the line, and everybody else should turn
their attention to restoring something worthwhile.  IMHO, the No. 1 priority
should be the returning to service of 3642 or 3526, whichever is easiest, and
then turn to either 5711 or 6042.  I doubt the enthusiast economy can support
both at this stage.

--
David Johnson, stirring the hornets nest.
CityRail Guard