Re: 3801 and 3830 Double Headers

Greg Young wrote:

> G'day,
>         It seems funny that the only people running around at the moment shooting
> off their mouths about Dorrigo operating are the friends of the Glenreagh
> Dorrigo branch which it appears you purport to support.

I support neither of them.  I will give support to anyone who gets their act together
and runs trains on the Dorrigo branch.  I don't care who it is.  DSR&M have managed
to effectively prove over the last umpteen years that they are more interested in
litigation than running trains.  The friends appear to be heading the same way.  What
exactly is the truth up there?  Why was the last court agreement abandoned?  Who has
FACTS?

> Having just come
> from Dorrigo and experiencing what is going on or in some cases not then I
> do not see how you should comment as you appear to be the usual style of
> gunzel, all talk and no action.

Untrue.  I live in Sydney and regularly travel to Canberra to do work at the Canberra
Museum.

> The same with the rest of the collection at
> Dorrigo and elsewhere, if it wasn't for people putting there money where
> their mouth is and buying the stuff where would we be today.

True.  Dorrigo has a very impressive static exhibit of locomotives.  Unfortunately,
at present, that appears to be all that is ever going to be.

>         Unfortunately there are only so many dedicated railway restorationists in
> New South Wales. All societies are probably doing the best with what
> they've got and definitely don't need loud mouthed, righteous,
> pontificating gunzels spewing from the mouth polished claptrap and other
> evils

Well, bless us with the facts then.  There is no point crying foul if you can't
substantiate your claims.  As I said, I will support whoever runs trains on the
Dorrigo line.  On the other hand, I will crticise those who stuff around and destroy
all the hard work that has been done up there.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard